FEBRUARY SOMETHINGS.

While those in a relationship or regarded as “taken” are excited for this month, and the singles dread and curse the first two weeks, I am taking it on a different view. I am in a relationship but I am not as excited or giggly as everyone else is on this “love month”. I’m not being negative or a hypocrite here, and we are completely in good terms (and going strong, thank GOD) with my boyfie. But the moment I think of February, I don’t imagine flowers, romantic moments, chocolates, cuddles, kisses and stuff. The first thing that pops on my mind is that, “Here we go again, in the month with the shortest days, and where salary is a little less than the usual, and everybody’s loving shades of RED, and the birthday celebration of the “somethings”.
Okay now I said it. The somethings. Let me define this one to give you a clearer understanding of what I am blabbering. “somethings” in my own made-up language, is when you’re conveying a certain topic/explanation to someone and instead of saying the usual words to complete your speech, you say “something” in its last part, assuming that they understood what you’re trying to say. It may be good or bad, complement or a judgment, scenario or instance, negative or positive, a feeling or an attitude; can be used to a person, event, thing, mood, emotions, attitude, place, and to almost everything one can think of. Whew! Get it? (please say YES!).

Fine, you may be still in a big question mark so let me give you samples, applied ofcourse in my native language:

1.       Naa gyud na sya’y something sa akong friend ba. (that person could have a crush or an affair with my friend. Something fishy going on between them)
2.       Muabsent nalang ko karon uy, nagsomething mangud akong tiyan. (the person is not feeling well, his stomach is making him uneasy and he can’t explain the exact pain)
3.       Haay, kabalo naman ka ana niya, something kaayo. (pertaining to an unpleasant attitude of a person, which everybody in your circle have known)
4.       Niattend ko didto gabie, pero wala ko nanagad niya kay something man gud kaayo. (the person may be ashamed or feeling awkward to approach or greet someone)

There are a whole lot of instances where and when “something” can be used but these are just the few I could think of as I am writing this. “Something” can be a powerful code used by a group of people to pass information that even eavesdroppers can hardly decode. But be careful on using “something”, for it could mean more than a thing. It could portray a lot of speculations, conclusion or could make up a story on someone else’s mind, that could be exactly the opposite of what you truly mean. So when you say “something”, make sure that the person/s you speak to understand you, and that you have the same thoughts in mind. Is it clearer now? 

Going back to the love month, is there really “something” in February that’s worth tagging as “something”? Hell yeah. Okay, I am heartily sorry for the celebrants of this lovely month. I am not judging you; this is just an observation and my own, personal opinion.

Based on the friends I have that are born under February, they really have one thing in common, and it is that they are “something”. They have this extreme attitude. It could be that they are too nice, or too rude. Like if you describe one dominant adjective to them, they are at the highest level of it. Sadly, most of the persons I know born under this month, have an attitude that is hard to explain – and yes, they are at the most of it, like if there’s a word higher than “most” or the Mt. Everest, that’s perfectly it. They have extreme mood swings- in a minute they are happy, then the next they’re anxious and the next they’re lovable, and the next demanding, and the next supportive and the next urrggh! You just have to deal with it. Okay I may be exaggerating on the ‘minute’ there, so you may count on hours, days or weeks. But really. It’s hard to explain and so that makes it even harder to approach and deal/cope with them. 

Again, Amethyst babies, I am not generalizing. Just saying that most of my friends. I haven’t really encountered a person born in February that doesn’t have “something” in him/her. His/her personality is usually accompanied with “something”, and again something could mean positive things too. Because I also have February friends who are too intelligent, too witty, too clever, too responsible, too kind, too hot, too adorable..and the good list goes on.

But despite the extremes of February somethings, I still love these people with all my heart. They spice up the group, the family, and/or acquaintances. The gathering isn't complete without them. That’s where your loyalty, appreciation, patience, and love….and SOMETHINGs are tested. Peace out! :)

3 comments on "FEBRUARY SOMETHINGS.

Rose Angelie said...

It's funny that I'm one of the celebrants for this month and I TOTALLY get what you mean Lan. Hahaha. Kung sa bisaya pa, naa juy something sa mga Feb, kami ang gitawag nga "mga kuwang2". haha. Yes, I'm guilty and I can also attest to that because I know many feb friends nga naa juy something w/c is hard to explain. Haha. It's just us. We're something. lol
But on the other hand, I guess it doesn't have to do with the birth month because other people have "somethings" also that are pretty different to the "somethings" of Feb people. Uhmm.. does that make sense? hehe

Anyway, I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for having US, Feb somethings, especially mentioned here. :)

Rani said...

Feb diay ka Rose??? hihihi
Anyway, YES, lahi ug dako2 pud to na istoryahunon ang other birth months.
It just happened that it's Feb and I have so many friends celebrating their birthdays this month. And most of them gyud have a lot in common. Pero ang "pinaka" gyud ang akong mother ug akong cousin, with bdays that fall on 20 and 21. Mga libog kaayo, usahay dmd kay d jud masabtan. but despite that, all these people are still very lovable in their own unique ways. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE! hihihihi thanks for dropping by.. I wanna follow you sa feed, but I can't push through..ambot ngano ni..

Unknown said...

YEP! Feb 28. Maayo nalang wala na 29. hahaha

Btaw, I think naa rajud something mi mga Feb pips. :D

Anyway, really? Ok ra, at least I'm on your list sa sidebar. I added (ONLY) you sa feed I thought it's what link exchange way is. haha. Haven't created my own list yet because I barely know other bloggers, explore2 pa pag may time. hehe But thanks!

BTW, I'm writing my comments thru google account na since if I use name and link, no pic man oy. haha